PhD thesis was defended in 2007
(“Biogeocenological role of bats (Mammalia, Chiroptera) on the south
part of forest-steppe zone”).
Scientific interest. Studying of
the modern state of fauna and ecological particularities of bats
of the territory of the central part of forest-steep zone.
Education. In 1998 graduated Kharkov
State University Lyceum, biological class and entered to the Biological
Department of Kharkov National University named by V.N. Karazin,
graduated it in 2003.
Work. Chief of Interdepartmental
research laboratory “Study of biodiversity and development of nature
reserve management”, National nature park “Gomolshanskie lessy”
& Biological Research Institute of Kharkov National University,
since 2011 -- head of department of science and monitoring of NNP
Public work. Since 1998 member of
Ukrainian Society of Bird Protection. Since 1999 member of Ukrainian
Theriological Society. In 2000 restored work of Student Science
Society on The Chair of Zoology and Animal Ecology and had been
chair of the Society up to finished the University. Since 2000 to
2002 was being chair of Team of Nature Conservation of KhNU. Since
2001 member of Ukrainian Centre of Bat Protection.
P/O Box 2385,
Kharkov, 61001, Ukraine.
Tel.: (057) 7323831
- Prylutska A. S., Vlaschenko A. S. Material on the bat distribution
on the base of results of contact-center in Kharkov (2008–2012)
// Biological systems. – 2013. – V. 5, is. 4. – P. 532–537. (in
Ukrainian with English summary).
- Kravchenko K.A., Vlaschenko S.A., Klochko A.N., Gukasova A.S.
Seasonal changes of bat assemblage in primeval beech forest of
Crimea // International Conference Primeval Beech Forests “Reference
System of the Management and Conservation of Biodiversity, Forest
Resources and Ecosystem Services” (L’viv, 2-9 June 2013). L’viv:
2013. – P. 109.
- Kravchenko K.A., Vlaschenko S.A., Gukasova A.S. Bats in Kharkov
city – urban residence is not for all // I Ogulnopolska studencka
konferencja Teriologiczna (Wroclaw, 25-26 Maja 2013). Wroclaw:
2013. – P. 21. (In Polish.)
- Kravchenko K., Gukasova A., Vlaschenko A. The method of inventory
and monitoring of summer bat population by using ultra-thin mistnets
// Streszczenia materialow konferencji Ogolnopolska Konferencja
Chiropterologiczna Wypracowanie czynnych doswiadczen projektu
“Ochrona podkowca malego w Polsce” (Krynica Zdroj, 22-24 marca
2013 r.). Krynica Zdroj: 2013. – S. 26-27. (In Polish.)
- Kravchenko K.A., Vlaschenko A.S., Voigt C.G. Bat migration
in the South of Ukraine – an arena of intensive development of
wind power facilities // Abstr. of 3rd International Berlin Bat
Meeting: Bats in the Anthropocene (Berlin, 1-3 March 2013). Berlin:
2013. – P. 151.
- Vlaschenko A.S., Kravchenko K.A. & Gukasova A.S. New winter
aggregation of N. noctula in cities of NE Ukraine: evolution
step in anthropocene or ecological trap? // Abstr. of 3rd International
Berlin Bat Meeting: Bats in the Anthropocene (Berlin, 1-3 March
2013). Berlin: 2013. – P. 86.
- Vlaschenko A.S., Kravchenko K.A. & Gukasova A.S. Predict
of the future fatalities: Bats and wind energy in Ukraine // Abstr.
of the Conference of Wind Power and Environmental Impacts (Stockholm,
5th – 7th February 2013). Stockholm: 2013. – P. 109-110.
- Vlaschenko A.S. Results of Bat (Chiroptera) Ringing on the Territory
of Kharkov Region (2002–2012) // Proceedings of the National Museum
of Natural History. – 2012. – 10. – P. 31-41. (in Russian with
- Vlaschenko A.S., Gukasova A.S., Shapovalov A.S. Contribution
to bat fauna and ecology of Belgorod region // Vestnik St. Petersburg
University. Ser. 3. 2012. – Iss 3. – P. 3-11. (in Russian with
- Vlaschenko A.S. Research history and list of records of bats
(Chiroptera) in the Kharkov Region in the XIX and XX centuries
// Plecotus et al. – 2011. – 14. – P. 26-54. (in Russian with
- Vlaschenko A.S., Godlevska L.V., Kravchenko Ê.Î., Tyshchenko
V.Ì., Gukasova À.S., Sudakova Ì.V. Contribution to bat fauna of
Holosiyivsky National Nature Park // Nature Reserves in Ukraine.
– 2012. – V. 18, ¹ 1-2. – P. 51–58. (In Ukrainian with English
- Vlaschenko A., Gukasova A. Observation of daylight migration
of Nyctalus noctula in NE Ukraine (Chiroptera: Vespertilionidae)
// Lynx. – 2011. – 42. – P. 275–276.
- Gukasova A., Vlaschenko A., Kosenkov G., Kravchenko K. Bat fauna
and structure of bat (Chiroptera) assemblage of the National Park
“Smolensk Lakeland”, Western Russia // Acta Zoologica Lituanica.
– 2011. – Vol. 21. – N. 2. – P.173-180.
- Gukasova A., Vlashenko A. Effectiveness of mist-netting of bats
(Chiroptera, Mammalia) during the non-hibernation period in oak
forests of Eastern Ukraine // Acta Zoologica Cracoviensia. – 2011.
– 54A (1-2). – P. 77-93.
- Vlaschenko A., Gashchak S., Gukasova A., Naglov A. New record
and current status of Nyctalus lasiopterus in Ukraine
(Chiroptera: Vespertilionidae) // Lynx. – 2010. – 41. – P. 209–216.
- Buchko V., Vlaschenko A., Kravchenko K., Sudakova M., Gukasova
M., Kusnezh A. Contribution to bat fauna (Chiroptera) of Galytskiy
national nature park (Ivano-Frankivsk Region) // Visnyk of L’viv
Univ. Biology Series. – 2011. – Is. 55. – P. 146-159. (In Ukrainian
with English sumary.) >>>
- Vlaschenko A. S., Gukasova A. S. Bat (Chiroptera)
fauna and structure of assemblage of projecting protected area
“Yaremovskoe” (Kharkov region) // Nature reserves in Ukraine.
– 2010. – Vol. 16, issue 1. – P. 44–50. (in Russian with
English summary). >>>
- Gashchak S. P., Beresford N. A., Maksimenko A.,
Vlaschenko A. S. Strontium-90 and caesium-137 activity
concentrations in bats in the Chernobyl exclusion zone // Radiation
and Environmental Biophysics. – 2010. – 49 (4). – P. 635-644.
- Vlaschenko A.S. Impact of forestry activity on bats and their
conservation in forests of Ukraine (on the model of National Park
“Gomilshanskiy lisy”) // Nature reserves in Ukraine. – 2010. –
Vol.16, issue 1. – P. 44–50. (in Ukrainian) >>>
- Gukasova A., Vlaschenko A. Bat fauna primary inventory and
monitoring using mist nets // Abstr. of the 15th International
Bat Research Conference (Prague, 23 – 27 August 2010). Prague:
2010. – P. 157.
- Gashchak S., Vlaschenko A., Naglov A., Beresford N. Bat fauna
in Chernobyl Exclusion Zone // Abstr. of the 15th International
Bat Research Conference (Prague, 23 – 27 August 2010). Prague:
2010. – P. 143.
- Vlaschenko A.S., Gukasova A.S. Development of method for the
inventory of species composition and population structure of Chiroptera
// Nature reserves in Ukraine. – 2009. – Vol.15, issue 1. – P.
49–57. (in Russian) >>>
- Gukasova A.S., Vlaschenko A.S. Community structure and space
placing of hibernating bats (ÑHIROPTERA) in caves of Kharkiv region
// Abstracts book of the V International Scientific Conference
of Students and PhD Students “Youth and Progress of biology”.
(May 12-15, 2009, Lviv): 2 volumes. – V.1. – Lviv, 2009. - p.143-144.
- Gashchak S. P., Vlaschenko A. S., Naglov A. V. Study results
of bats fauna and its radioactive contamination in Chernobyl Exclusion
Zone in 2007-2009 // Problems of Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. – 2009.
issue 9. – P. 102-124. (in Russian)
- Vlaschenko A. Current status of Leisler’s bat (Chiroptera)
on the territory of Kharkov region // Visnyk of Lviv University.
Biology series. – 2009. issue. 51. – P. 145-156. (in Ukrainian)
- Vlaschenko A., Gukasova A. Phenology of bat migration in Kharkov
City (North-Eastern Ukraine) // Abstr. of the 1st International
Symposium on Bat Migration (Berlin, 16–18 of January 2009). —
Berlin, 2009. — P. 77. (in English)
- Vlaschenko A. S. Sex ratio in four bat species in north-eastern
Ukraine // Journal of V.N. Karazin’s National University. Series:
biology. — 2008. — ¹ 814, Iss. 7. — P. 65–73. (in Russian)
- Gukasova A.S., Vlaschenko A.S. Characteristic of body mass
of Noctule bat (Ñhiroptera) at Kharkov region territory (Ukraine)
// Biology — science of XXI century: 12th Pushynskaya international
school-conference of young scientists, (Puchyno, 10–14 of November
2008). Proceedings of thesis. — P. 291. (in Russian)
- Gukasova A.S., Vlaschenko A.S. Comparative characteristic of
two ways of capture of Noctule bats (Nyctalus noctula Schreber,
1774) (Chiroptera: Vespertilionidae) // Proceedings of ²V International
conference of students and postgraduate students “Young generation
and biological way” (7–10 April 2008, L’vyv). — L’vyv, 2008. —
P. 250–251. (in Ukrainian)
- Gukasova A.S., Elagina D.V., Sudakova M.V., Krivochizhaya M.V.,
Pyrshev K.A., Gyrich M.S., Vlaschenko A.S. Body mass and forearm
length meanings of bats at the beginning of independent flight
// “Biology: from a molecule up to the biosphere”: proceedings
of the 3rd International young scientists conference (November
18–21, 2008, Kharkiv, Ukraine). — Kharkiv, 2008. — P. 361–362.
- Kharakova M.V., Vlaschenko A.S. Season change in body weight
in Daubenton’s bat (Myotis daubentonii Kuhl, 1817) (Chiroptera:
Vespertilionidae) on the territory of Kharkov region // Proceedings
of IV International conference of students and postgraduate students
“Young generation and biological way” (7–10 April 2008, L’vyv).
– L’vyv, 2008. — P. 276–277. (in Ukrainian)
- Rossina V. V., Vlaschenko A. S. Record of a Noctula bat Nyctalus
noctula (Vespertilionidae) with tooth anomaly // Plecotus
et al. — 2006. — 9. — Ñ.40–42. (in Russian)
- Vlaschenko A.S., Naglov A.V. Bats hibernation (Chiroptera: Vespertilionidae)
in artificial caves of northeastern Ukraine // Journal of V.N.
Karazin National University. Series: biology. — 2006 — Vol. 3,
¹729. — P. 122–133. (in Russian with English summary.)
- Vlaschenko A.S. Chiroptera of the western part of the Izum Bend
— materials for conservation // Research at the territories of
reserves in Kharkov region. Iss. 2. — Kharkov, 2006. — P. 73-82.
(In Russian.) >>>
- Vlaschenko A.S. Roost sites of noctula bat (Nyctalus noctula
Schreber, 1774) on the territory of Gomolsha forest // Journal
of V.N. Karazin-s National University. Series: biology. - 2005.
- ¹709, is. 1-2. - P.122-133. (in Russian with English summary.)
- Vlaschenko A.S. Characteristics of trees used by bats in oak
forests in Kharkov region // Proceedings of the International
jubilee scientific Conference, consecrate of 75 years of UkrSRIFA
“Forest, science, society”(30-31 March 2005, Kharkov). - Kharkov.
- P. 40. (In Russian.)
- Vlaschenko A.S. On the problem of bats (Chiroptera: Vespertilionidae)
role in forest-steep oak forests // Extended Abstracts of The
III International Conference “Biodiversity and Role of Zoocenosis
in Natural and Anthropogenic Ecosystems” (4-6 October 2005, Dnipropetrovsk).
- Dnipropetrovsk: Dnipropetrovsk National University, 2005. –
P. 461-463. (In Russian.)
- Vlaschenko A., Naglov A. A Marl Open Pit as a Unique Place of
Bats (Chiroptera) Inhabiting // Vestnik zoologii. - 2005. - 39(2).
- P. 94. (in English)
- Vlaschenko A.S. Dynamic of bat population in the Gomolsha forest
// Proceedings of the IX International school-conference of young
scientists in Puschino “Biology is the science of XXI century”
(18-22 April 2005, Puschino). Puschino. - 2005. - P. 262. (in
- Vlaschenko A.S. Status of Pond Bat (Myotis dasycneme Boie,
1825) in the territory of Kharkov region // Proceedings of the
I International conference of students and postgraduate students
“Young generation and biological way”. (11-14 April 2005, L’vyv).
– L’vyv: SPOLOM, 2005. - P.275-276. (in Ukrainian)
- Vlaschenko A.S. A plastic trap for capturing dendrophilous bat
species // Plecotus et al. - 2004. - 7. - P. 3-6. (in Russian)
- Vlaschenko A.S. Founds of bats in the Kharkov National University's
building. Vestnik Khar'kovskogo universiteta, ¹ 551. part 2. -
P. 212-216. (in Russian)
- Vlaschenko A.S. Autumn migration of Noctula bat in Kharkov city.
117 In: Zagorodniuk I. - Migration status of Bats in Ukraine.
Novitates Theriologicae. Part 6., Kyiv, 2001. - P. 172. (in Russian)
- Vlaschenko A.S. Contribution to phenology of bats in Kharkov
region // Migration status of Bats in Ukraine. Kyiv, 2001. - P.
172. - (Novitates Theriologicae, Pars 6). (in Russian)
- Vlaschenko A.S. Data on the bat fauna in Kharkov region //
Proceedings of I Ukrainian zoological conference. I.S.I. Krivoy
Rog. - 2001. - P. 146-148. (in Russian)
- Vlaschenko A.S. First record of Kuhl's pipistrelle in Kharkov
// Biological journal of KhNU. 2001. - Vol. 5 (1-2). - P. 137-138.
- Vlaschenko A.S. New record of Nyctalus leisleri in
Kharkov region, Ukraine // Vestnik zoologii. - 2000. - 34(6).
- P. 92. (in Russian)
- Vlaschenko A.S. Record of hibernated Nyctalus noctula
in Kharkov // Vestnik zoologii. – 1999. - 33 (4-5). - P. 76. (in